About this Safari
We have carefully developed these safaris to be ideally suited to photographers. This means combining exceptional value with added features that are essential for photographers, such as open-sided vehicles, excellent guides, generous baggage allowances on internal flights and camps in prime locations.
Please note that these safaris are not led by myself or another professional wildlife photographer. This allows us to offer flexible itineraries and keep costs as low as possible. If you would like to be accompanied by a professional photographer then this can be arranged. Please contact us for more information.
- A great value safari in a part of Africa that is known for being very expensive
- The best wildlife viewing locations, with excellent and contrasting photography opportunities
- Top safari accommodation
- An experienced, knowledgeable and flexible guide who understands the needs of photographers.
- Electric boat and land safaris to minimise noise. All vehicles are open-sided 4x4s.
- 20kg of luggage per person on all internal flights with the option to upgrade to 35kg.
- Full ATOL protection through our partners, Yellow Zebra Safaris.
- A trip that is quick and easy to book.
- Flexible dates and itineraries.
- A great trip for independent photographers, without the constraints of being on a group led photographic tour.
Choose between two seven-night itineraries
Our Botswana Photographic Safaris are available between March to June and October to December 2020, which avoid peak season rates and crowds. There are two itineraries to choose from, with accommodation for both based at Desert and Delta camps offering luxury accommodation in some of best locations for wildlife and photography.
Itinerary 1: Chobe – Moremi – Makgadikgadi
This seven night safari starts with two nights in Chobe National Park at Chobe Game Lodge, home to the greatest concentration of elephants in Africa. The next two nights are spent in the Okavango Delta at either Xahanaxa or Camp Moremi where big game is especially good. The final three nights are spent at Leroo La Tau to the west of the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans for the famous Zebra migration.
Itinerary 2: Chobe – Moremi
The second seven night safari itinerary starts with three nights at Chobe Game Lodge, followed by two nights in the Savute Marsh area of Chobe National Park at Savute Safari Lodge. This area is famous for large lion prides and big elephant herds. The final two days are spent in the Moremi Game Reserve at Camp Moremi or Xahanaxa in the heart of the Okavango Delta.
Price: from $4,977 per person
Early bird special: from $4,320 per person until 15 November 2019!
Chobe National Park
Chobe National Park is famous for its 80,000 elephant population, as well as uncommonly large lion prides. The park offers some of the finest river safaris in Africa.
Moremi Game Reserve
Moremi Game Reserve makes up the very heart of the Okavango Delta and is an area of breathtaking natural beauty with excellent game viewing throughout the year.
The Pans are a collection of huge salt pans that make up the northern reaches of the Kalahari Desert. They’re some of the largest salt pans in the world with the most famous being the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans. The zebra migration during the early part of the year is a truly beautiful sight. The pans work very well as a contrast to the wet, lush areas of the Okavango and Chobe.