Why this Safari?
We have teamed up with Yellow Zebra Safaris to develop this incredible photographic trip to Kenya’s Maasai Mara at an unbeatable price. We have carefully developed these safaris to be ideally suited for photographers. This means combining exceptional value with added features that are essential for photographers, such as completely private open-sided vehicles, the best guides in the region, and camps in prime locations.
Our trips can be booked as individuals or you can travel with a group of friends to take advantage of even better rates.
Please note that our trips are not led by myself or another professional wildlife photographer. If you would like to be accompanied by a professional photographer then this can be arranged. Please contact us for more information.
With these safaris, you get the following benefits:
- A trip that has been developed by Will Burrard-Lucas to be perfect for photographers.
- A great value safari, with significant savings
- The best wildlife viewing locations for the time of year, resulting in great photography opportunities
- Top safari accommodation at one of Africa’s most famous properties, Governors’ Camp, located in the heart of the Mara
- An experienced, knowledgeable and flexible private guide
- A private vehicle for you or your group
- Open-sided 4x4 game viewing vehicles
- The option to upgrade your baggage allowance to 30kg for a surcharge
- Full Atol protection through our partners, Yellow Zebra Safaris
- A trip that is quick and easy to book
- Flexible dates and locations
- A great trip for independent photographers, without the constraints of being on a group led photographic tour.
Why the Maasai Mara?
The Maasai Mara National Reserve is located in Southwest Kenya and is one of the best known and most iconic safari destinations in Africa. It is extremely rich in wildlife, and is renowned for the wildebeest Great Migration and the famous river crossings. This beautiful reserve offers exceptional ‘Big Five’ game viewing and a high density of predators including lions, leopards and cheetahs as well as other game such as rhino, elephant, buffalo and hyena.
Photograph the ‘Big Five’
The Maasai Mara offers fantastic opportunities to photograph the ‘Big Five’.
Follow the Great Migration
If you choose to travel at the end of October, you will have the chance to witness the awe-inspiring Great Migration.
A Photographer’s Paradise
The Maasai Mara provides incredible opportunities to photograph a great variety of Africa’s beautiful wildlife.
A seven-night itinerary to photograph the ‘Big Five’ and the Great Migration
Our Maasai Mara photographic safaris are available between the 25th October to 20th December 2017, and the 1st January to 31st May 2018. Accommodation is based around the iconic Governors’ Camp, home of the BBC’s Big Cat Diary, and the camp with one of the best locations in the entire Maasai Mara.
From the end of October to beginning of November photographers will have the chance to witness the last of the Great Migration and the famous river crossings as the herds push south.
For the remainder of the year, the Maasai Mara offers great game viewing and excellent ‘Big Five’ photographic opportunities.
For more information please download the brochure below. These itineraries can be tailored to suit your needs. For example, you can easily extend your time in the Maasai Mara or add on other locations in the region. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements.